Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A real Haunted house in my town!!!

This is a house that is on a piece of land that we farm. It was built in 1803, and has an amazing history! I love this house, and my husband has always wanted to purchase the land. I hope we can when it comes up for sale... Anyways, I have encountered the female spirit in this house once, and the male spirit a number of time. My husband has also seen the male spirit walking around the fields sometimes when they are farming. The house is right across from his families house, but is about half a mile back in the woods. My husband said when he was younger he use to watch out the window and see this man walking around the field. Even now they see the same man every now and then. This man that they see was either a senator or a governor of a town, in the late 1800'2 to early 1900's. He was having an affair, and when things started to get stressful he strangled his mistress in the house, and went into the barn and hung himself. I believe this mans presence to be an intelligent haunting, because he walks the fields, however he has been seen in all different areas of the field, not just one spot. My husband says when they are in the field working it, the man will look right at them and has even waved before! I have seen the man walking, but I have never waved to him. Often times when I look back he is gone! The female spirit in the house is of the woman who died there. She was 89 at the age of her death, and she loved the house very much. It had been in her family for years. When she died her ashes were spread around the house outside. I have seen her walking around the inside of the house. I plan on going inside of the house this fall to do EVP's and take inside pictures. Hopefully it will not fall over by then. If any of you want to see more outside pics, or pics of the barns just let me know I will happily post them!




No comments:

Post a Comment