Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hotel Savoy

here is the story behind this haunted hotel we stayed at in Kansas City Missouri:
The Savoy, built in 1888, is said to be the oldest continuously running hotel West of the Mississippi. As you can imagine, the history and mysteries surrounding passers through and hotel guests of years past yield to plenty of ghost stories. The Savoy went through a renovation process in the late 1980's and legend has it that the process extremely upset it's resident ghosts. Two resident ghosts are said to live in the Savoy. One, Betsy Ward died in a bathtub in the 1800's and is said to turn the water on and off and close the shower curtains in the room in which she died. The other, Fred Lightner, is said to haunt his former apartment. Hotel guests and staff are also said to have seen mysterious shadows, heard strange voices and have doors open and close on their own.
(http://kansascity.about.com/od/entertainmentattractions/a/HauntedKCMO.htm)

This is the story I heard from the owner of the hotel... Back in the 1920's during the great depression a hotel worker went into the room with the safe in it. He was followed by a waiter who stabbed him to death and took the money. Currently the hotel is under construction. So only parts of it can be stayed in, and the rest in currently being renovated. The room that the man was stabbed in is closed off, and they do not allow people in it. The reason being, renovation. Now I was allowed into the room where the woman died in the bathtub. However, it is also currently under renovation. I went iin and got some pretty interesting pictures, however I did not connect with any spirit while I was in there. Although, I noticed my camera died completely while I was in that room. It had a full charge before I went in. Also, when I walked in I got extremely lightheaded and developed a very strong headache. Sometimes this happens to me when I try to do readings for people and the energy is either very negative or extremly powerful. Although, they were renovating and that could have been the cause.
https://mymotels.com/propertyimages/170930/hotel_savoy_exterior_kansas_city_unitedstates.jpg
https://mymotels.com/propertyimages/170930/hotel_savoy_lobby_kansas_city_unitedstates.jpghttp://img.groundspeak.com/waymarking/display/d23f681b-c887-49c5-849d-5912fb3b63ca.jpg
I will post my personal pictures of this hotel when I find my camera hookup fr the computer. I did not have any personal experiences in this hotel. However, it was the a very nice bed and breaskfast, and it was well worth the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment